Monday, November 19, 2012

No Spoilers

Okay, seriously going pop culture here.  I have already weighed in earlier in a sidebar about The Good Wife, but I have to reiterate, if they don't turn it around immediately, they have jumped the shark. It's painful and irritating to watch now.  Incredibly uneven and when it's bad it's angering because we know what it has been and what it can be.  Producers and network better sit down and listen to all the fans that are complaining.  The shows that are airing may have already been shot before all the outrage, but I promise if they continue on this path, they are done.  Homeland is strong and very suspenseful.  The acting is superlative and deserving of all the accolades.  I will not comment on content so as not to spoil anyone's postponed viewing.  Bill Maher is now on hiatus until the end of January. Amazing Race is still going strong.  Love that they went to Moscow in last night's episode.  Fantastic.  

The AMA's (The American Music Awards for those who may not know) had some great performances.  I still don't get Usher, though there are songs of his that I like, I don't get him when he performs on television.  Never think he sounds good. Not sure why he is so huge.  Psi and MC was flawless.  Genius producing.  Pink is an extraordinary talent.  Always puts on an interesting and memorable performance.  The blondes all are looking alike.  Other than Carly Rae Jepsen, Nicki Minaj, and Pink, the singers are all platinum blondes with long locks. I don't think they are that distinguishable.  Please know how much I love Stevie Wonder so I say this with trepidation,  he is making me nervous.  He really looks unhealthy and didn't sound great either.  I love him and I worry a bit.  Justin Bieber looked ridiculous.  I don't know who his stylist is or what he is trying to convey, but he looks stupid.  Trying too hard.  Diamond studs, diamond necklace and pants that were too odd.  I don't understand what his image is.  Anybody?  Dick Clark created a great awards show.  There have been defining moments on the AMA's over the years.  Lest we forget Michael Jackson's moonwalk debut. 

Sidebars:  The New York Knicks are 7-1.  An amazing an unexpected start.  The NY Jets won.  NY Giants were off this weekend.  Incredible weekend for college football, but the big wins to me UCLA beat USC and Stanford beat Oregon.  Other highlights were Michigan and Ohio State winning their respective games.  Next UCLA plays Stanford over Thanksgiving!  That will be a great game.  Still no hockey.  Today is our school's first Varsity basketball game.  Go Dragons!  Not sure if I will be back before the holidays, so let me take this opportunity to wish each and everyone of you a very Happy Thanksgiving and a moist turkey.  We have much to be thankful for this year; don't forget to take a moment.

Please re-post or forward to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment