Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Swirling

Don't know what to write about because there is so much going on in the world.  Between the Olympics, politics, and guns, my head has just been swirling inside with thoughts, feelings, and coming up more confused.  So let's get one thing out of the way for today.  Republicans in Congress.  Let's start there.  I find the methodology so twisted to take down the first black President of the United States.  From day one when Mitch McConnell stated their raison d'etre was to make President Obama a one term President, their choice was to do nothing, pass nothing.  Fight him every step. 

Honestly, I don't think that strategy makes any sense. If elections were based on facts and not emotions, it makes this strategy devoid of facts. If I wanted to take someone down, I would pass every bill the President wanted.  According to their rhetoric, Obama wants to destroy the country and "they" are the keepers of the Constitution.  Wouldn't it be better to pass spending and bills that they are so certain would destroy the country so they could go around the country saying, "I told you so."  Not so fast.  They didn't pass legislation/bills because if Obama's policies worked, they'd be screwed in 2012.  The only way to insure one term in their eyes.., do nothing, do nothing at all. It's outrageous. It's disgraceful. And it's un-American. There I said it. 

I have so little respect for the current Congress.  There's nothing that I can really do, personally, to change things.  If I lived in a district with a Tea Party candidate, I'd vote against him/her. I don't.  So I am at the mercy of all those Americans that do.  That's a terrible place to be.  

So, people, I hate always voting in an election where it's the lesser of two evils, but if you don't want the Tea Party and Republican crazies to keep highjacking our government, give money, give time, find out if people in your community need help getting to the polls to vote, do something.  I honestly don't know what I can do in NYC, but if you think of something or know of something, let me know.  Maybe in 2016, I can go work in a State that needs common sense.  

Sidebars:  The Olympic coverage sucks in my opinion.  I feel 100% manipulated. I love to see the competitions, but NBC continues to edit the events to death.  I am not even sure if I am seeing the events in the order that they actually happened.  It's been getting worse and worse since NBC got the Olympics.  Also, worse and worse since they can't be live. The first half of my life, the Olympics were live and we were all seeing them at the same time.  Now, with twitter, breaking news updates, 24/7 sports channels, the internet, it's difficult not to see the winners before seeing the events.  I am so proud and so very happy for Aly Raisman's success last night.  Kudos to her for wearing her Jewishness proudly. She understands the through line of history. The IOC should be ashamed of themselves. Enjoy Wednesday.  Hot and muggy in NYC!

Feel free to re-post or forward to a friend.

1 comment:

  1. NBC is presenting this like it was a 17-part mini-series, dramatizing every moment they can, whether drama happened or not. They give new meaning to the phrase "bait and switch."

    ReplyDelete