Monday, August 13, 2012

One of Many


Listen, there are so many thins to talk about.  I wanted to ignore the obvious, but figure if I don't weigh in today, it will be far too old tomorrow.  So here it goes, Ken doll Mitt Romney picked Ken doll Paul Ryan to be his VP candidate on the most ultra-conservative ticket in my lifetime.  It is, on the face of it, an attractive duo of two white men.  If only their personal beliefs didn't cross into their legislative beliefs....I don't want two white men ruling on my womb or the womb of any other woman.  I don't want two men ruling on my right to contraception.  I don't want to hear about the rich pay their fair share already.  They don't.  I get the spin, but they don't.  How can middle class Americans support this ticket that believe in tearing down the social programs that have been so successful in helping people for over 60 years?  Why would anyone vote against their own interests?  Americans have been doing that forever.  I still don't understand.  Okay, actually, I do, but in reverse.  I understand why voters who have a lot, might want to protect those that don't.  I do not understand people who struggle and have little, protecting the rich.  

Just when I think that things can't get worse, they do.  This duo will spread so much BS, that it will be difficult to wade through.  When they start speaking about the unemployment rate, it makes me crazy already.  Congress blocked any and every jobs bill.  The bill that would have helped put people back to work and rebuild this country's infrastructure, was shot down.  Every bill that might have helped create jobs and bring down the unemployment rate was blocked.  As I said the other day, they must really have been afraid that Obama's bills would have helped the country. It's the only thing that makes sense.  I can't figure that the members of Congress wouldn't want to help the American people, but their terror of Obama getting re-elected has driven every move they've made.

Sidebars:  Okay, first of all, does anyone know Jewish law/ritual about death?  A person dies and is supposed to be buried within 24 hours.  (True for Muslims too) If it happens over a holiday or Sabbath, 48 hours.  Marvin Hamlisch died last Monday, August 6.  They are having two days of viewings, which is so not Jewish, and a funeral tomorrow at Temple Emmanuel in NYC.  They keep announcing it here in the papers and on the news, but nowhere does anyone comment on how odd it is that 8 days later he will be laid to rest. The closing ceremonies of the Olympics was incredibly fun and moving, until they started passing the Olympic flag from London to Rio.  Ground the party to a halt. Buzzkill.  Where was Adele?  Why wasn't Elton John featured?  If anyone knows, please tell me. Hope Springs is worth seeing for all the adults out there.  Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones are flawless.  Steve Carrell great.  

Feel free to re-post or forward to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment