Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

This is a total stream of consciousness because there are too many little things mulling around in my mind.  First of all, if JCPenney's doesn't stop their new ad campaign soon, I may never ever walk into a Penney's again.  That screaming over and over and over again is so incredibly grating.  If the ad agency's hope was to annoy consumers beyond all reasonableness, it's working.  I can't remember a worse commercial campaign, though, look, I am talking about it.  Maybe it falls under any publicity is better than no publicity, but all I can do is run for the "mute" button.  

The Florida Primary finally is over. Romney won overwhelmingly, but you wouldn't know it by Newt's rhetoric.  It is just so curious.  During interviews of various Republican talking heads, facts seem to be illusive.  That's what kills me about politics.  There are certain talking points that have facts, but somehow they get all murky and interviewees just pick what they want to discuss at the expense of actual truth.  I actually feel sorry for many intelligent and educated Republicans because their party has been hijacked by wackos.  Maybe they need to splinter off and officially become a 3rd party.  The party of Lincoln's ideals maybe even Reagan's....

The Biggest Loser this year is filled with some of the most unlikable contestants in one place.  Something has changed and maybe this, like House, has jumped the shark (not to be confused with The Shark Tank).  I have said it before, and until the producers and NBC do something about it, this show needs to only be one hour.  It's incessant and unnecessarily bloated in two hours. I still think that there is value to the show, so I am not rooting for it's demise. I just want it to be re-assessed.

Speaking of demise, are we witnessing the demise of the X Factor?  No surprise that the host, Steve Jones, and Nicole Scherzinger would be replaced.  He was as dull as dirt and she made one of the most classic errors in judgement on live TV.  Dumping Paula was a surprise, though her public statement was mature and admirable:  "I’ve learned through my longevity in this industry that business decisions often times override personal considerations. Simon is, and will remain a dear friend of mine and I’ve treasured my experience working this past season with my extended family at Fox and Fremantle," she continued. "I want nothing more than for 'The X Factor' to exceed ALL of their wildest dreams. This truly has been a blessing and I am most grateful.” Newt could learn from Paula.

Feel free to re-post or forward on to a friend.

1 comment:

  1. oh my god, not that I even KNOW where there is a JC Penny, but if I did, I would NEVER EVER EVER shop there. THat is THE MOST obnoxious commercial ever created. Horrific. What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete