Thursday, February 16, 2012

Is It Really Worth It?

So, I am trying as always to be the best that I can be.  It isn't easy and it is a full time job.  Just thinking about what I could do, takes a lot of time.  So yesterday I decided to go to the gym.  I felt that I'd been sitting around too much and not moving my body enough since I got a cold.  My brain needed a little airing out, as well.  I got on the treadmill.  I walked really hard uphill, downhill, uphill, downhill, slower, faster, slower, faster. I felt I was doing my heart and mind some good.  I stopped the treadmill, put my feet on the sidebars and inexplicably, my left foot slipped off. My ribs slammed into the hand bar on the left, knocked the wind out of me, and stunned me.  The pain was great. I was alone in the gym. I was both glad and sad about that.  Glad because how stupid I felt.  Sad because I could have maybe used a bit of sympathy and a helping hand.  I held my left ribs as I went back home. Trying to breathe.  Walked into an empty home. Grabbed an ice pack and velcro'd it on to my side. I immediately felt relief.  I was warm from the workout so it was a welcome feeling. In one second, I turned from a physically able bodied person to a gimp. I couldn't move well at all. Turning, bending, sitting, all was too painful.  I took two advil. I tried to lay down and that was excruciating. Thinking about yoga Thursday morning. As I was trying to get into bed, on all fours, trying to find a way to get into bed.  There goes cat/cow. There goes downward facing dog. Finally, somehow I got on my right side and just collapsed diagonally in bed. So sad. So pathetic.  

I have to laugh. I have said many times how much I hate working out.  Now, this happens.  I will get back on the treadmill again. Maybe next week, but for now....No yoga. It hurts a bit to walk, but I am going to try to walk to get some exercise. I am supposed to play basketball tomorrow with my fabulous group of women. I have missed three weeks in a row and am dying to play tomorrow.  Now what?  Maybe I just go root for my ladies.  

Sidebars: New York is completely crazy and thrilled with Jeremy Lin.  He helped the Knicks soar to a 7th straight win.  The city is gripped with Linderella.  It hasn't been this exciting watching the New York Knicks since Patrick Ewing.  Jeremy Lin has electrified the team and the Garden.  Just goes to show that there is no "I" in team.  Maybe more GM's should pay attention to quality over celebrity.

Feel free to re-post or forward to a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment