Thursday, February 9, 2012

Deep Sigh

One of my loyal readers wrote to me and asked why didn't I write about Rick Santorum and the 3 State upset over Mitt Romney yesterday, well, I think it's because it makes me sick to my stomach.  I can't bear that there are candidates that are so intolerant and short sighted and to make matters worse, there are voters who eat all that up.  If we could just take all the social issues off the table, and try to come together, how much more effective we could be.  That the religious right has so much power and control over elections, makes me crazy.  I don't understand why there isn't more of a push back from all Americans, Republican, Democrat, or Independent.  Why there isn't outrage that we are talking about abortion, same-sex marriage, and contraception!  Why aren't we focused on jobs, the economy, infrastructure, education, healthcare???? Why does everything have to be political? Why can't a member of Congress or the Senate sit back and decide if something is right for the country and not concern themselves with re-election?  I will always profess that the first candidate on either side of the aisle that speaks the truth, facts only, no pandering, and not bought and paid for, will win the elections handily.  I have faith, certainly in the general election.  The Primaries, I'm not so sure about anymore.  It has gotten so much worse with the absolute BS that is spewed to win votes.  So, my dear reader, why didn't I talk about the absurd wins by Rick Santorum? Because I am sitting here, my head spinning, like Linda Blair in the Exorcist, and it makes it very hard to type!

Sidebars:  Here in NYC we have been thrilled and mesmerized by a basketball player named Jeremy Lin.  He went to Harvard and played bball there.  He had a little success in the NBA, well at least he was in the NBA. Houston dropped him and the New York Knicks picked him up.  He has had the opportunity in the past couple of weeks to dominate game play due to the absence of Carmello Anthony and Amare Stoudemire.  He has fired up the team and the fans!  The most important fact for me...he went to Palo Alto High School,my alma mater.  I couldn't be more proud!  
Finally watched The Bachelor with my daughter last night. Oy vey. It's getting harder and harder to watch and coming from me, that's really saying something.  I just can't figure out anymore what is producer driven or "real."  I am not dumping out, but I must say the highlight is watching "Bachelor Theatre" on Live with Kelly on Tuesdays.  That makes it worthwhile.

Feel free to re-post or forward to a friend.

1 comment: