Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's Too Darn Hot!

Okay, the 4th of July is over.  Fairly pleasant and non-eventful here.  Tried to see To Rome With Love and it was sold out.  Big surprise.  What to do when dinner is in two hours?  Go to drinks.  Dicey in this incredible heat.  

I am getting ahead of myself because my baby girl left Tuesday.  It went fairly smoothly after my having a complete meltdown, Mercedes McCambridge Monday.  Sent her off with lots of love, advice, and hugs.  So now we have empty nest for awhile.  It would be great, but it is unbearably hot so doing all the things we might have done have gotten clipped. 

In terms of the world,  I am tired of it all.  I am taking a break from it for a couple of weeks unless something monumental happens.  If Congress can take vacation when they have so many things to take care of, then so can I.  

Sidebars:  Wimbledon gearing towards the championship. The New York Knicks look even worse in their off season moves than I thought possible.  Rizzoli and Isles took a terrible turn.  Take the nun out of the show immediately. America's Got Talent needs to get more concise.  They are stretching it far too much. I still recommend Flashpoint on ION TV.  All the cable shows are starting up next week: The Closer, White Collar, Covert Affairs.  Big Brother is back next week, not sure I am.  It is the dog days of summer already and I need a nap.  Be well. Be in touch and I'll be back.

Feel free to re-post or forward to a friend.

1 comment:

  1. you've had a rough couple of weeks (or more). a little r & r will do you good. glad I'll get to be a part of it! xoxoxo hope you have a nice nappy

    ReplyDelete