Monday, March 28, 2016

Do As I Say Not....

I've been ruminating a lot about this election season.  Sometimes, I just have to tune out because it makes me physically sick to hear the rhetoric, fighting, and lies that keep getting spewed with little to no fact checking.  Of course, the truth is in our current internet and 24/7 news cycle, once something is said, it's out there and no one cares to follow up to find out the facts.  It's a dangerous time, clearly.  

I have been thinking in recent weeks, the Republican party and candidates hug the NRA so tightly that whenever there is a mass shooting in our schools, theaters, churches, etc. there is silence or they reply that everyone should be carrying a gun.  Teachers should all carry guns.  Everyone on military bases should be carrying. Preachers should be carrying. Everyone should be carrying.  That's their answer. If everyone had a gun, we could take care of the problem.  So, I find it so curious that at all of these RNC/Drumpf rallies, they go through metal detectors and can't bring their guns to the events.  

Now, believe me. I don't like guns at all.  I don't own a gun and won't own a gun. I understand people that own a rifle for hunting or a pistol for home protection, but I don't and will not understand automatic weapons or having an arsenal.  I can't see reason on this.  So, imagine my surprise that the Party, bought and paid for by the NRA, and the candidates and politicians that fall all over themselves to say nothing negative about guns, won't allow guns into their rallies.

This weekend, a petition signed by over 35,000 people are trying to get the RNC convention in July to allow people to open carry their guns.  I really can't think of anything better.  What are they so afraid of?  According to their stance, the more guns, the more protected you are by crazy people, so what's the problem?  Oh, I see, they only stand up after a mass killing and say people need more guns, but don't get guns near them.  No way.  Don't see the hypocrisy in their public position?  They are only willing to "talk the talk," is that it?  

Believe me, I can project that if guns were allowed into the RNC convention, there would be shootings, but isn't that the point?  Isn't that why we need some gun regulations?  Why can't they see that?  It's staring them right in the face?  They know if they'd allow open carry at the convention in Cleveland, people would get pissed off at each other and tragedy would occur.  It wouldn't be a sucker punch anymore; it would be far more serious.  So why don't they see that for us? Why do we have to be subjected to guns everywhere?  I'd rather live in a gun free society than where we are today.  The NRA is pushing me farther to radically amend the 2nd Amendment.  They have successfully bastardized the intent of our forefathers.  People, can't you see, the RNC and their people are just as scared as the rest of us.  They just won't admit it.

Sidebars:  Tonight's The Voice and Dancing With the Stars.  The Voice announced that Pharrell Williams and Christina Aguilera won't be back next year and replacing them...Miley Cyrus and Alicia Keyes.  Two men and two women judges for the first time.  I have no doubt that Alicia Keyes will be great, but the proof will be in the pudding on Miley Cyrus and her musicianship.  --  The NCAA basketball tournament is down to the Final Four: Oklahoma vs. Villanova and North Carolina vs. Syracuse.  I have Villanova in the final game against N. Carolina with Nova winning it all.  We shall see.  -- If you're in NYC and want to see a gem of a new show, get tickets to Dear Evan Hanson at the Second Stage Theatre.  I don't want to build it up too much, but well worth the time and money.  --  If you're not watching Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, she's on again tonight on TBS.  She's fantastic.  Worth the DVR space.  --  Can't believe how fast March is going. Wow!  Be well everyone.  

Please re-post, re-tweet, or forward to a friend.
@DianaPodolsky

No comments:

Post a Comment