Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh, I Wish I Were an Oscar Mayer Weiner


Everyone would be in love with me.  Is that the problem with Anthony Weiner?  He grew up singing the Oscar Mayer Weiner jingle and thought it was about him?  I really don't understand it or him.  I used to be a huge fan/supporter of Anthony Weiner.  I thought he had a huge future, but that wasn't what was huge. He shocked Congress, his constituents, fans, supporters, and his wife with the discovery that he tweeted photos of his weiner to women around the country.  He lied to America and Luke Russert when he said it wasn't his photos and junk, only to finally have to come "clean" and resign in shame from Congress.  It was so disappointing and another let down by another politician. I know, I know, no surprise to be let down by a politician by scandal and ego but....

Anthony Weiner came home to NYC in shame, with his "tail" between his legs, and said he was committed to repair his marriage and rebuild the trust of his constituents. Again, silly me, I bought it.  While I was in California last week and heard that there were more allegations of our Mayoral candidate, Anthony Weiner, I was all huffy.  I was thinking it's all old news being rehashed or rediscovered from two years ago.  That the disgusting, disgraceful, egomaniacal  candidate stood up and lied again to us and then had to reveal that he continued his behavior up until he decided to run for office was unbelievable.  AND if that wasn't bad enough, he dragged his wife Huma Abedin to speak to reporters and the Nation that it was a private matter, she's forgiven him, and he would make a wonderful Mayor of NYC!!!!  Are you f**king kidding me?  Seriously???  She never should have stepped forward.  It was painfully uncomfortable to watch.  Why, why would she do this?  What did she think she'd get out of it?  

I have to say that a close friend never gave Anthony Weiner a chance at becoming Mayor.  She was disgusted by his behavior and couldn't have him representing her or the City of New York.  I, on the other hand, wasn't sure.  I don't feel at all versed in the positions of any of the candidates running for Mayor.  I wasn't surprised at all that Anthony Weiner took an early lead, because he's the only name the people of this city "know," but how quickly did he sink.  He should sink.  I think he is an embarrassment to this City.  I'm not totally sure that he should bail out.  I have very mixed feelings about that because this is a democracy and he should sink or swim on the votes.  BUT, he makes a mockery of the campaign and his penis actions are all reporters want to talk about.  No one is talking about the actual issues of the City.  We, as the people of NYC, are getting a diminished campaign because Anthony Weiner's hubris will keep him in the run for Mayor.  

The disappointment is great.  The shock is gone.  The narcissism is palatable.

Sidebars:  Let's not forget the fantastic Mayor Filner of San Diego who has multiple sexual harrassment charges against him.  He won't resign.  He went to two week intensive therapy.  As Michael Smerconish said, his actions are worse than Anthony Weiner's because the women were not consenting to the sexual advancements.  Theoretically, the women that Anthony Weiner sent his photo's to were of age and welcomed the attention.  

Please re-post or forward to a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment